I, Nikunj Thakkar, am a driven and talented full stack software engineer with 2+ years of experience of building robust & scalable distributed multi-tenant systems with recent experience of developing data retention and disclosure platform serving multiple clients from telecom industry.
I enjoy solving problems which are beneath first few pages of Google search. Having started my career working with large scale, high availability, multi module systems, I’ve developed mindset to provide scalable solution without compromising with quality and performance.
If you’ve got something which provides space for innovation and makes someone to strive harder, do buzz me. I’m all ears.
I’m biased towards startups and small teams trying make a difference. Let’s work together and bring ideas to life.
Some of the interest areas are real-time data processing, machine learning, NLP, cloud computing, high availability architecture design using Hadoop and Big Data tools.
So far I’ve got my hands dirty with following tools and technologies:
Backend Development: Java, Python, Scala, Groovy, C, C++, VB.Net, C#.Net, PHP
- Frontend Development:
- I’m exploring/love to explore: Nodejs, Emberjs, Meteor, D3js, Reactjs
Databases: Cassandra, MongoDB, Hbase, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL server
- Frameworks & Other tools: Hadoop, Maven, Spring, Spring boot, MVC, Ansible, Django, Docker(familiar/Beginner), Nltk & Scikit-learn libraries, TextBlob, iPython(familiar/Beginner)
Being quick learner, I enjoy exploring new tools and technologies and apply my knowledge for rapid development in fast-paced environment.
Junior Programmer Analyst – Ishi Systems Inc. (May, 2014 – February, 2016)
DevOps Intern – Ishi Systems Inc. (Jan, 2014 – May, 2014)
Contract Software Developer - Vienna University, Austria & Google (May, 2013 – September, 2013)
Intern - ADD-on-GYAN Educational Services (May 2013 – June 2013)
- Master of Science (Information Technology) from Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology (DA-IICT), Gandhinagar, Gujarat (2012-2014)
- Bachelor of Computer Application from Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University (2009-2012)
- City Lead, Ahmedabad Chapter, Headstart Network Foundation (April, 2016 - Present)
- Mentor, Google Code-in 2015, Fossasia & Google (December, 2015 – January, 2016)
- Co-Lead, Ahmedabad Chapter, Headstart Network Foundation (September, 2015 - March, 2016)
- Volunteer, Ahmedabad Chapter, Headstart Network Foundation (June, 2015 – August, 2015)
- Core Team Member, Google Business Group (GBG Ahmedbad), Google (September 2014 – Present)
- Co-organizer, Ahmedabad Java Meetup Group, Ishi Systems Inc. (August, 2014 – February, 2016)
Conferences & Talks
- “Never build a login again – An art of using social authentication using Django”, Fossasia 2015, Singapore
- “Introduction to Apache Cassandra – Column family based NoSQL Database”, Fossasia 2014. Cambodia
- Various talks and sessions at local meetups
Looking for more? Drop me a line.