I’m feeling extremely delighted to unveil “DataOne – The Company and The Platform”.
This is about the journey that I’ve started few months back after leaving my job and today I’m presenting it to the world as “DataOne”. For those who’re here for the first time, my previous blog post will give you some idea on what I’m talking about and you can continue reading this.
Few research papers on NoSQL and Big Data caught my attention during studies and I tried to understand related concepts, luckily while this was going on I got selected for Google Summer of Code in 2013 to work with Vienna University, Austria to implement NoSQL solution for their building monitoring system. I wasn’t aware that it will not only be one of the most amazing experience that I’ll brag about like this through out my life but it will also drive my career towards amazing things that I’m enjoying working with today.
Yes, “DataOne” is all about working with data. We’ve built a platform to deliver valuable business insights out of your data and we’ll be adding tonnes of new features. Let’s look at some of the interesting facts about Big Data industry.
- According to the 2015 IDG Enterprise Big Data Research study, businesses will spend an average of $7.4 million on data-related initiatives in 2016.
- According to McKinsey, a retailer using Big Data to its fullest potential could increase its operating margin by more than 60%.
- Bad data or poor quality data costs organizations as much as 10-20% of their revenue.
- A 10% increase in data accessibility by a Fortune 1000 company would give that company approximately $65 million more in annual net income.
- Big Data will drive $48.6 billion in annual spending by 2019.
- Data production will be 44 times greater in 2020 than it was in 2009. Individuals create more than 70% of the digital universe. But enterprises are responsible for storing and managing 80% of it.
- It is estimated that Walmart collects more than 2.5 petabytes of data every hour from its customer transactions. A petabyte is one quadrillion bytes, or the equivalent of about 20 million filing cabinets’ worth of text.
- By 2020 one third of all data will be stored, or will have passed through the cloud, and wewill have created 35 zetabytes worth of data.
- A 2015 report by Cap Gemini found that 56% of companies expect to increase their spending on big data in the next three years.
- There will be a shortage of talent necessary for organizations to take advantage of Big Data. By 2018, the United States alone could face a shortage of 140,000 to 190,000 skilled workers with deep analytical skills as well as 1.5 million managers and analysts with the know-how to use Big Data analytics to make effective decisions.
Where We Stand?
The idea behind DataOne is to build a powerful platform which can not only provide analytics and shiny dashboards but actual value to the businesses. It’s very important for us to understand businesses and how we can increase their revenues by even a small number such as 1%. To tackle this challenge, we’ve started working with organizations by consulting them on how they can leverage benefit out of their data, serve their customers better and increase their revenues. Does this sound interesting to you? Let’s have a meeting and see if we can do the same for you.
Industries and Use Cases
Data Analytics is very vast field and can be applied on various use cases across the domains. Our focus is on driving more business for businesses. We find our platform to be relevant across a wide spectrum of industries. We are working on a model where we work with industry specific domain experts to understand businesses and apply our knowledge to build solutions which delights customers. Following are some of the immediate use cases that we’re considering at the moment.
Big Data for Social Media Analytics: Data Analytics can be applied for various use cases in this domain. It can be used to enable micro-market campaign management to send out personalized messages to local audience. Optimizing promotions by understanding demands and sentiments of your audience thus reducing promotion cost. It can also be used to facilitate real time demand forecasting.
Big Data for Retail/Sales: By combining big data with IoT, retail stores can provide extraordinary customer experience by delivering real time offers and product details on customer devices when they’re visiting their store.
Big Data for Logistics and Location Based Services: Though Logistics plays a major role in any economy’s growth factor, it’s often remains unnoticed when it comes to technology advancement. By enabling big data powered logistics solutions, these services can be improved and efficiency can be increased marginally.
Big Data for Open Data and Social Good: Recently various Governments including Government of India have started their open data initiatives and more Governments will be following their steps. We’re also looking at some of the interesting use cases that can solve day to day life challenges such as public transport (daily commute, vehicle parking efficiency, traffic situation etc.), water supply, waste management and others.
Our Home on the Web
We’re digitally sitting at dataone.io 24X7 for you. Do check us out.
Join us and help us grow
I would personally like to thank you for taking interest in this journey. Reach out to me to know more about our work.
If you’re an organization and interested in working with us
We would be happy to work with you. Let’s have a meeting and allow us to understand your business and how we can work together. We’re reachable at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re an individual interested in working with us – We’re Hiring!
We’re always looking for like minded people who have similar goals and like to be part of this journey. Even if we don’t have an opening, If you think you deserve to be part of this, we’ll create one for you. Get in touch with me at email@example.com
If you’re a well-wisher
You’re special because this is possible because of well-wishers like you who’ve motivated me to take this step. Spread the words among your network, tell people about us and our work.
Once again thank you very much and stay tuned for more updates from DataOne. Stay Awesome! :)